Saturday, July 31, 2010

Action Research Plan EDLD 5301

Goals:
How is the acceptable use policy pertinent to a school district?

Activities designed to achieve the objectives:

Quantitative Analysis:
I will test a small group of teachers to see what knowledge they have of our AUP.

Interview:
I will test a small group of teachers to see if they know where our AUP is located on our district web page, and if they know the importance of knowing the information in our AUP.

Survey:
I will use a survey to form my results for my qualitative results.

Resources and Research Tools Needed for Data Gathering:
I will need to form a test/survey to to give to the small group of teachers so hat I can collect data on what the teachers know about our AUP.

Draft a Timeline for Completion or Implementation of Activities:
August 2010-December 2010

Persons Responsible for Implementation:
Christine Maier and Kim Hollingsworth

Process for Monitoring the Achievement of Goals and Objectives:
I will set a timeline during the semester for myself to make sure different phases of the on-going research s being completed.

Assessment:
I will have the teachers play a Jeopardy game created in Notebook software to test their new knowledge of the AUP.

2 comments:

  1. I look forward to the results of your research. Like you, I fear that many of my fellow teachers do not fully understand the AUP our school has published.

    How are you hoping that this will affect the students in your school? Is there an assumption that teacher knowledge and understanding will produce a better student understanding of the AUP? How will parents and community knowledge play into the AUP research?

    I look forward to the data you gather. It may come in handy as our school looks to rewrite our AUP in the next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would be interested to know what the "trickle down" rate will be, as with all PD, from getting the information in session to applying that knowledge in the classroom.Will you do a follow up with the teachers after the Jeopardy game, or even a few months later, that assesses how their new knowledge of the AUP has affected their use of technology in the classroom?
    I would love to use your Jeopardy game (giving you full citation credit, of course!) Will you be making it available on your wiki? If you have SMART Boards (or some other brand of IWB), they have great jeopardy templates available. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete