Integrating media production in your curriculum can help you find new access to students and help them find new access to the material. Media production engages and excites; it leads to unexpected discoveries, increased self-awareness and esteem, sharpened critical thinking, analytical skills, group work skills, and ability to communicate ideas. Media production demands writing and rewriting, research, group effort, and clarity of thought” (Garrison, 2010). This quote explains exactly how I felt as I dove into the video editing software for this week’s assignment. I have never used any type of video editing software so this experience was new to me. I had to use my skills on Internet searching to find open source editing software.
I finally chose Windows Movie Maker and Blender. I found Blender a very complicated software to use and it was mostly for 3D graphics and that is not what I was wanting to use. Although Blender is compatible for more than one type of network it is tough software for beginners. I am defiantly a beginner when it comes to video editing.
I decided to go with Windows Movie Maker. Come to find out I already had Windows Movie Maker on my computer. It was so much fun diving into this program and learning how to use the software. I used several tutorials from YouTube to teach me the basics. Movie Maker is a very user friendly software and it great for beginners. I believe I would be able to create a class project using Movie Maker with my second graders. Later in the year I would like to tackle this project. I would love to collect video from the year and pictures and share this with the parents. I believe this would defiantly engage my students, because I could not seem to get enough of this editing software.
Garrison, A. (2010). Video basics and production projects for the classroom. Center for Media Literacy. Retrieved from http://www.medialit.org/reading_room/article3.html
Sunday, September 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment